Ctrl + Shift + V blocked by copy formatting
|Reported by:||wwalc||Owned by:||k.krzton|
|Priority:||Nice to have (we want to work on it)||Milestone:||CKEditor 4.7.0|
Description (last modified by m.lewandowski)
Steps to reproduce
- Open "Document Editor" sample on ckeditor.com.
- Copy something, e.g. a part of a header.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + V to paste clipboard as plain text.
Text is pasted.
Text is not pasted.
Other details (browser, OS, CKEditor version, installed plugins)
We'd like implement this in a way that CTRL+SHIFT+V will paste formatting only if it has been activated with CTRL+SHIFT+C - so that the Copy Formatting icon is active, and the toolbar button shows "pressed" state.
If copy formatting is not active, then this hotkey will paste as plain text.
This will improve interoperability with apps like MS Word, which use exact same hotkey, while keeping the original paste as plain text hotkey for people that doesn't use copy formatting.
Issue caused by copy formatting using keyboard shortcut which is usually used to paste plain text browsers.
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 2 months ago by m.lewandowski
- Milestone set to CKEditor 4.7.0
- Priority changed from Normal to Nice to have (we want to work on it)
- Status changed from new to confirmed
comment:3 Changed 6 weeks ago by m.lewandowski
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from review to closed
comment:5 Changed 2 weeks ago by m.lewandowski
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:6 Changed 2 weeks ago by k.krzton
- Owner changed from Tade0 to k.krzton
- Status changed from reopened to review