DIV container tool
|Reported by:||fredck||Owned by:||martinkou|
Currently there is no way to create a <div> which embraces a series of block elements. For example, producing the following output:
<div class="MyDiv"> <p>Para 1</p> <p>Para 2</p> </div>
The current style system always see <div> as a block element, and therefore, when applying <div> based styles, it converts current blocks to <div>.
The idea would be creating a dedicated button for it. It would behave much like the Blockquote button, but it should have a dialog containing the following fields, basically:
- General Tab:
- Style: a selection box listing all styles defined for <div> elements in the style system. We should create a reusable component that can be used on other dialogs, for tables, cells, links, etc.
- Class: the "class" attribute.
- Advanced Tab:
- Id: the "id" attribute.
- Inline Style: the "style" attribute.
- Title: the "title" attribute.
- Language: the "lang" attribute.
- Text Direction: a selection for the "dir" attribute.
The only thing still pending to understand is how to edit a previously created <div> and how to delete it. Maybe it is the case to leave the edit and delete operations in the context menu only, while the toolbar button will always create a new <div>, making it possible to nest them.
Change History (13)
comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by martinkou
- Owner set to martinkou
- Status changed from new to assigned