Form Empties Contents (due to nested <p>'s)
|Reported by:||tomcraig||Owned by:||fredck|
|Priority:||Normal||Milestone:||FCKeditor 2.5 Beta|
|Component:||UI : Enter Key||Version:|
Here's an issue that appeared to be fixed in 2.4 after Frederico noticed it, but it is back to needing repair in 2.4.1. I was JUST getting ready to put out the new version... :)
- Go to the demo. http://www.fckeditor.net/demo
- Press ENTER after the text that is already in the editor.
- Click the form button to add a form container (any data is fine).
- Put the cursor inside the form container and add a text field (any data is fine)
- Press ENTER after the text field.
- Now click the source button off and on twice to watch the form container "shake out" the element.
I believe it has to do with the form being creatd inside <p> tags and then the form element being placed inside nested <p> tags once ENTER is pressed after it. So when the <p> nesting is being repaired (to make valid) by the editor, it takes the contents with it...not good.
I tried to look up the 2.4 testing forum to find my original post and Frederico's fix post, but I couldn't find the thread (removed?).
Anyway, please, please, repair that again, Frederico.
Thank you, Tom