AJAX sample fails to populate editing area after subsequent editor instantiations in FF 3
|Reported by:||damo||Owned by:||fredck|
|Keywords:||Confirmed IBM HasPatch Review+||Cc:|
Instances of the editor which have been dynamically created using CKEDITOR.appendTo() fail to properly handle insertHTML(). The first instance of the editor works as expected but when that instance is destroyed and another created in its place, the second instance and all subsequent instances will fail to handle insertHTML().
The behavior can be reproduced by following these steps:
- Open http://ckeditor.com/ckeditor/3.0b/_samples/ajax.html
- Create editor
- Enter content into editing area
- Destroy editor
- Create another editor
Expected behavior is that the entered content would be populated in the new editor instance, but it isn't.
The cause has been tracked down to the mode of the editor not being set before setHTML() is called.
A temporary fix for the problem is to update CKEDITOR.editor.prototype.setMode declared in the editingblock plugin and explicitly set the mode (see patch).
The erroneous behavior appears to occur only in Firefox 3.
Change History (7)
Changed 8 years ago by damo
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by fredck
- Keywords Confirmed IBM HasPatch added
- Summary changed from AJAX sample fails to populate editing area after subsequent editor instantiations in FF 3 [IBM] to AJAX sample fails to populate editing area after subsequent editor instantiations in FF 3
Changed 8 years ago by fredck
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by fredck
- Keywords Review? added
- Owner set to fredck
- Status changed from new to assigned