Ticket #5085 (confirmed Bug)
Bullet points duplicated on single line
|Reported by:||bpbdope||Owned by:|
|Component:||Core : Lists||Version:||3.0|
First, create a few bullet point lists items with nested lists. Next try to select a nested list and start typing to overwrite the text. Notice how the text continues at the parent list level and the multiple bullet points on the same line. It is really hard to recover from this, without deleting and recreating the lists. It seems to only be an issue in Firefox and IE6,7,8. Looking at the source, it seems that there is an orphaned <ul> tag under an empty <li> tag.
For example, the source below will cause the duplicate bullet points:
<li>first level</li> <li>
<li>start of 2nd level</li>
It is possible to get into this situation using the above steps to highlight and overwrite text.
- Keywords bullet point lists duplicate removed
- Milestone CKEditor 3.x deleted
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Keywords Firefox IE added
- Version changed from 3.1 to 3.0
- Component changed from General to Core : Lists