Dragging and dropping content from Word onto editor bypasses 'on paste' filters
|Reported by:||danielrendall||Owned by:|
|Component:||Core : Pasting||Version:||3.0|
In both IE and Firefox, if you drag content from a document open in Word into the editor (rather than using cut and paste), it doesn't trigger the pasteFromWord filter.
1) Create a short Word document (I'm using Word 2007) - optionally enable the 'smart tags' feature and enter some content that will be marked up as a smart tag.
2) Open the demo editor http://ckeditor.com/demo in either IE or Firefox, delete all of the existing content.
3) Highlight the content in Word, click it and drag to the demo editor window then release.
4) Observe that the usual Word cleanup doesn't happen - if you view source you will see a lot of spurious XML markup in the various Office namespaces.
5) If you copy and paste the content instead, the cleanup will happen as expected.
Change History (5)
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by mrfr0g
- Keywords drag drop cleanWord added
- Version changed from 3.2 to 3.5.3
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by wwalc
- Keywords drag drop cleanWord removed
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Version changed from 3.5.3 to 3.0