Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#6802 closed Bug (fixed)

Multiple tables break page

Reported by: blairmillen Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: General Version: 3.4.2
Keywords: Cc:

Description

I've been having trouble while editing a page with multiple tables. After saving my changes, the last table or two are cropped, leaving the HTML broken as a result.

It only seems to happen with one particular page (viewable here: http://tryskating.com/when-to-skate-2011.php), which, as you'll see, contains text, images and tables. There should be twelve tables (one for each month of the year) but as described above, the last table or two seems to get cropped when saving, and the footer gets chewed up as a result.

The tables use headers, captions and col groups.

This happens in all browsers I've tested with (latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, IE8, Opera and Safari).

I used to be running on V3.3.1 and updated to V3.4.2 and still get the same issue.

I've disabled all other JavaScripts that were running in case that was an issue, but the tables are still breaking.

In addition to this, I have a possibly related issue with Webkit browser: I find that the editor is really slow to open and use in general.

Attachments (2)

when_to_skate_2011.txt (68.6 KB) - added by blairmillen 5 years ago.
The valid HTML that I've been trying to save
multiple_broken_tables.png (9.9 KB) - added by blairmillen 5 years ago.
Image of the tables in CKEditor after saving

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

Changed 5 years ago by blairmillen

The valid HTML that I've been trying to save

Changed 5 years ago by blairmillen

Image of the tables in CKEditor after saving

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by alfonsoml

  • Keywords tables multiple broken removed
  • Status changed from new to pending

That looks like a problem with your server script or database that is cropping the data at about 65.000 chars.

If you can view the correct data in source mode in CKEditor, but then when you save it is wrong, then you should look at your CMS.

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by blairmillen

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from pending to closed

Hi alfonsoml,

Thanks for the speedy response and more importantly, for correctly identifying that the issue was down to the database column type. Using a MySQL db the type was "text" so I changed it to "longtext" and that fixed the issue.

Cheers, Blair

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2015 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy