Client side validation script needs to perform below steps to satisfy Checkpoint AA3.3.3: *WCAG 2.0 AA* Error Suggestions
|Reported by:||satya||Owned by:||garry.yao|
|Keywords:||IBM||Cc:||damo, tmonahan, jamescun|
These techniques are defined in WCAG 2.0 Level AA Success Criterion 3.3.3. http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/minimize-error-suggestions.html
when user leaves a mandatory field empty
- Client-side validation script should display a WAI-ARIA alert message to notify the user that the field is required.
- Validation script should add an aria-invalid="true" to the <input> element to inform a screen reader user that the input is invalid.
- Field label is changed so that the user can easily identify the field where information must be entered.
When user enters an input that falls outside the required format or values.
- Client-side validation script should display a WAI-ARIA alert message.
- WAI-ARIA alert message describes the nature of the error and the expected values to enable the user to correct the invalid input.
- validation script should also add an aria-invalid="true" to the <input> element to inform a screen reader user that the input is invalid.
Change History (8)
comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 2 Changed 6 years ago by fredck
- Cc changed from damo,tmonahan,jamescun to damo, tmonahan, jamescun
- Status changed from new to pending
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by fredck
- Component changed from General to Accessibility
- Status changed from pending to confirmed
comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by garry.yao
- Owner set to garry.yao
- Status changed from confirmed to review
- Version set to 3.0
Changed 6 years ago by garry.yao
comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by garry.yao
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from review_passed to closed