Problems in IE when pressing CRTL+B on bolded text
|Reported by:||j.swiderski||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by j.swiderski)
This ticket was first reported in forum http://cksource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22912
- Open api sample and clean CKEditor contents
- Press bold button and type Testing statement
- Place cursor here Testing s^tatement
- In insertHTML text-area paste <p>sample to be inserted by insertHTMl</p> and press 'Insert HTML'. Result should be as in finding2.JPG.
- Select using a mouse word 'statement' and what was pasted between it. See finding3.JPG.
- Press CRTL+B one or two times.
If you press CRTL+B two times it will cause JS error in IE8 and IE9:
Message: 'null' is empty or not an object
Message: Can't get property „getParent”: Object is null or undefined
This is reproducible from CKE 3.4. Before 3.4 there was no error but unbolding was weird. Some parts of text were duplicated
If you press CRTL+B once than in IE6 and IE7, the phrase 'sample to be inserted by insertHTML' gets unboladed and jumps up.
This is reproducible form CKE 3.6.1 rev . Before this revision JS error was thrown.