Ticket #8226 (review_failed New Feature)
Allow destroy after object removed from DOM
|Reported by:||douglassdavis||Owned by:||garry.yao|
related to: http://dev.ckeditor.com/changeset/5681
I would like to 1) Be able to call destroy() after the editor has been removed from the DOM. Or even better... 2) If the editor has been removed from the DOM already, and a new editor with the same name gets created, the old one will automatically be destroyed. Not being in the DOM anymore, it's really of no use anyway.
It's a very common pattern to have a form that is submitted by ajax (a div is updated) and that the user must keep submitting the form until they fill out all of the inputs correctly.
With FCKEditor, I could do this. With CKEditor, I must first search for all editors within the div to be updated and destroy them before updating the div in order to avoid an error.
Even if I try to destroy the old editor that is no longer in the DOM, I get the error i.contentWindow is null.
- Status changed from pending to closed
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from reopened to review
- Owner set to alfonsoml
comment:13 follow-up: ↓ 21 Changed 22 months ago by garry.yao
- Status changed from review_failed to review
comment:17 Changed 22 months ago by alfonsoml
- Status changed from review to assigned
- Owner changed from garry.yao to alfonsoml