Inline styles create empty garbage "cke_bm_" spans
|Reported by:||Sheezwack||Owned by:||garry.yao|
|Component:||Core : Styles||Version:||3.6.1|
This happens in IE9/Windows 7 at least (other versions not yet tested). It does not happen in FF4/Windows 7.
Problem exists in the current nightly build and 3.6.1 at least.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the demo page (http://ckeditor.com/demo)
- Highlight the " about" text next to the "fairy tale" link USING THE MOUSE. Make sure the space before "about" is also selected.
- Change the text color
- The text color does not change, and empty hidden spans <span id="cke_bm_104S" style="display: none;"> </span> are added
- This happens with text or background color (possibly other operations as well)
- Strangely it doesn't happen when you highlight " about" with the keyboard, holding shift to highlight.
- I have noticed that empty hidden spans are added in other cases as well, but again it only happens with mouse selection, not if you select with the keyboard.
Change History (9)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by j.swiderski
- Keywords IE9 added
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Version changed from 3.6.1 to 3.2.1
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by fastballweb
- Keywords Firefox inline styles added
- Summary changed from [IE9] Text color issue & empty span issue to Inline styles create empty garbage "cke_bm_" spans
- Version changed from 3.2.1 to 3.6.1
Changed 4 years ago by garry.yao
comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by garry.yao
- Component changed from General to Core : Styles
- Keywords IE9 Firefox inline styles removed
- Owner set to garry.yao
- Status changed from confirmed to review
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by fredck
- Milestone set to CKEditor 3.6.2
- Status changed from review to review_passed
comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by garry.yao
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from review_passed to closed