Ticket #8232 (closed Bug: fixed)
Inline styles create empty garbage "cke_bm_" spans
|Reported by:||Sheezwack||Owned by:||garry.yao|
|Component:||Core : Styles||Version:||3.6.1|
This happens in IE9/Windows 7 at least (other versions not yet tested). It does not happen in FF4/Windows 7.
Problem exists in the current nightly build and 3.6.1 at least.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the demo page (http://ckeditor.com/demo)
- Highlight the " about" text next to the "fairy tale" link USING THE MOUSE. Make sure the space before "about" is also selected.
- Change the text color
- The text color does not change, and empty hidden spans <span id="cke_bm_104S" style="display: none;"> </span> are added
- This happens with text or background color (possibly other operations as well)
- Strangely it doesn't happen when you highlight " about" with the keyboard, holding shift to highlight.
- I have noticed that empty hidden spans are added in other cases as well, but again it only happens with mouse selection, not if you select with the keyboard.
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Keywords IE9 added
- Version changed from 3.6.1 to 3.2.1
- Keywords IE9, Firefox, inline styles added; IE9 removed
- Version changed from 3.2.1 to 3.6.1
- Summary changed from [IE9] Text color issue & empty span issue to Inline styles create empty garbage "cke_bm_" spans
- Keywords IE9, Firefox, inline styles removed
- Owner set to garry.yao
- Status changed from confirmed to review
- Component changed from General to Core : Styles
- Status changed from review to review_passed
- Milestone set to CKEditor 3.6.2
- Status changed from review_passed to closed
- Resolution set to fixed