Styling lost on text that is included within an invalid HTML block
|Reported by:||tmonahan||Owned by:||garry.yao|
|Component:||Core : Parser||Version:||3.0|
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open any CKEditor sample and switch to Source mode.
- Enter the following:
<ul> This is a sample that contains <b>bold</b> text </ul>
- Switch back to wysiwyg mode.
Problem: The bold styling is not displayed.
If you switch back to Source mode without clicking in the editor body, you can see the source has changed to:
<ul> This is a sample that contains bold text </ul>
The bold formatting is already lost.
If you switch back to wysiwyg mode, click in the editor and then switch back to Source mode, the source is now:
<p> This is a sample that contains bold text</p> <ul> </ul>
We realise that using the UL tag without an inner LI is not valid HTML. However we would still expect the styling of the text content to be preserved.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by j.swiderski
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Version changed from 3.6.3 (SVN - trunk) to 3.0
Changed 4 years ago by garry.yao
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by garry.yao
- Owner set to garry.yao
- Status changed from confirmed to review
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by fredck
- Component changed from General to Core : Parser
- Milestone set to CKEditor 3.6.3
- Status changed from review to review_passed