Ticket #8540 (closed Bug: fixed)
Styling lost on text that is included within an invalid HTML block
|Reported by:||tmonahan||Owned by:||garry.yao|
|Component:||Core : Parser||Version:||3.0|
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open any CKEditor sample and switch to Source mode.
- Enter the following:
<ul> This is a sample that contains <b>bold</b> text </ul>
- Switch back to wysiwyg mode.
Problem: The bold styling is not displayed.
If you switch back to Source mode without clicking in the editor body, you can see the source has changed to:
<ul> This is a sample that contains bold text </ul>
The bold formatting is already lost.
If you switch back to wysiwyg mode, click in the editor and then switch back to Source mode, the source is now:
<p> This is a sample that contains bold text</p> <ul> </ul>
We realise that using the UL tag without an inner LI is not valid HTML. However we would still expect the styling of the text content to be preserved.
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Version changed from 3.6.3 (SVN - trunk) to 3.0
- Status changed from confirmed to review
- Owner set to garry.yao
- Status changed from review to review_passed
- Component changed from General to Core : Parser
- Milestone set to CKEditor 3.6.3