Ticket #9026 (confirmed New Feature)
Make CKEditor prevent caching images in browsers
|Reported by:||j.swiderski||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by j.swiderski) (diff)
- For simplicity use CKEditor with CKFinder.
- In CKEditor click Image button and then Browse Server button
- With CKFinder upload image with name abc.jpg, select it and click OK to insert it into CKEditor.
- In CKEditor, click on the image, next right click on it and choose image properties dialog.
- Click Browse Server button again
- While in CKFinder - delete edited image and upload different image with the same name abc.jpg
- Double click on this image and the click OK to insert it into CKEditor.
Problem: In CKFinder images are refreshed but in CKEditor old image is seen in preview and in CKEditor content area.
- One solution might be using no-cache HTTP headers on server-side
- Second is adding some random timestamp parameter behind image name in URL filed of image dialog E.g. abc.jpg?t=1234
The second solution is where editor might come in. It would be nice if CKEditor was doing that in background without any user interaction – perhaps new configuration option could be used here.
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Description modified (diff)