Ticket #960 (closed Task: fixed)
Change default doctype in the config so it triggers standards mode
|Reported by:||alfonsoml||Owned by:|
I think that it would be better if by default the content in the editor is rendered using standards mode by setting in the fckconfig.js
FCKConfig.DocType = '<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">' ;
and removing the td selectors in fck_editorarea.css
Of course anyone can do these changes in their setup, but I think that setting this ones as defaults might help to uncover some problems related to standards rendering and in the end the behavior of the browsers is much more compatible by using standards mode instead of quirks.
And if anyone uses just the online demo it can get standards rendering instead of quirks.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Keywords Confirmed added; Pending removed
- Milestone set to CKEditor 3.0