Bug Reporting Instructions
If you found a bug in CKEditor, please follow the instructions outlined below.
Reproduce on Demo Page and/or Nightly Build
To eliminate the chance that the issue might be caused by some third-party software or your customizations, try to reproduce the bug on the demo page first: http://ckeditor.com/demo
The demo page is always running the latest CKEditor release, so if you cannot reproduce your issue there, update your editor installation first.
Before you file a new ticket, make sure your bug has not been reported yet. Use the search field (at the top of this page) to check it.
Please provide the following when reporting new bugs. The more information you provide, the quicker the bug may be solved:
- Descriptive summary - A "right to the point" phrase that best summarizes the issue that you are experiencing.
- Steps to reproduce - This is the most important thing. We are not able to fix a bug if we cannot see it with our own eyes. A numbered list of actions to reproduce the issue is quite useful.
- Browser and OS - Your computer configuration, OS, browser name and version.
- Screenshot - For interface-related issues an image speaks more than thousands of words.
- Sample data - For content-related bugs please attach a sample file with the text for testing.
- Test case file - If possible, attach a Test Case file showing the bug. This is the best way to show us the problem that makes it quicker to solve it.
- Build configuration - If you are using a custom build or the problem only occurs in some specific editor packages, attach the build-config.js file with your editor build configuration.
While filing the bug please bear these important things in mind:
- Submit different reports for each bug. Do not include more than one bug in the same report.
- The "Priority", "Milestone", and "Assign to" fields are reserved to the core development team.
- Avoid using the "Keywords" field if you are not 100% sure on what to put there.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of CKEditor. Maybe your bug has already been fixed.
- The "Version" field should be used to point the version where the problem occurred for the first time. If you cannot assess it, just set it to the version in which you are experiencing the issue.
- For a full guide on how to properly report a new bug go to the TicketSpecs page.
Reporting a Bug
If you are not a registered user yet, take a minute to create a new account. Only authenticated users can create tickets.