Backspace and delete does not work under Firefox
|Reported by:||martinkou||Owned by:||martinkou|
|Priority:||Normal||Milestone:||FCKeditor 2.5 Beta|
|Component:||General||Version:||SVN (FCKeditor) - Retired|
This bug is reproducible under both 2.4.3 and the SVN version, though with different procedures. They both seem to be related to the bogus <br> tags added by Mozilla Midas and by us.
Reproduction procedure on 2.4.3:
- Go to sample01.html, delete everything.
- Press Enter twice.
- Press Backspace twice.
- Press the up arrow, now the caret hangs above the document.
- Press the "Insert Special Character" button, and insert a "TM" character.
- Try to delete the "TM" character by backspace or delete.
- The "TM" character cannot be deleted, even select + delete does not work.
For the SVN version, I don't have a reliable way of reproducing it, but it seems to occur more often in the SVN version. The following is a more reliable method that I can get the bug to occur after a few trials:
- Clear the editor document, and insert a "TM" character with the "Insert Special Character" dialog.
- Press backspace to delete it. If you are lucky it wouldn't work.
- What if it worked? Undo with Ctrl-Z, and the game begins...
- Try any method to move the caret around the "TM" character, End, Home, Left, Up, Down, Right, etc. Open a new line or two below it and delete them. Just mess with the caret, and then try to delete the "TM" character.
- After a few trials, you find the "TM" character have gained immortality... if you don't switch to Source mode or refresh the page, that is.