Opened 10 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#363 closed Bug (fixed)

Find does not work in Opera

Reported by: hallvord@… Owned by: martinkou
Priority: Normal Milestone: Opera Compatibility
Component: General Version:
Keywords: Cc:

Description

The "find" command does not work. It tries to use the Gecko branch and fails because window.find isn't supported in Opera. This is Opera's bug 145647, but it is a WONTFIX. I doubt we support what you use for IE, though I have not looked at that code. Options: disable Find button in Opera, write your own find implementation, or help me convince the developers that window.find is necessary :-p

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by hallvord@…

  • Milestone set to Opera Compatibility

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by fredck

For IE, we are essentially using Range.findText(). Does Opera accepts it?

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by hallvord@…

no :-(

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by fredck

I've disabled the Find/Replace buttons with [763]. It is not a solution, but at it at least avoid displaying a buggy dialog.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by fredck

  • Summary changed from find does not work in Opera to Find does not work in Opera

Martin, I've disabled the replace button too, because I've thought that we had the same logic there. But, I've just realized that you have revamped the Replace code for #802, so I've re-enabled the Replace with [764].

I was wondering if we could implement the same logic for the Find dialog? Actually, there is an idea of unifying those dialogs, but this is another issue.

Also, does that logic makes it possible to find "FCKeditor", in a code like <b>FCK</b>editor?

Any thoughts about it?

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by alfonsoml

As I commented in http://dev.fckeditor.net/ticket/356#comment:3 the new Replace dialog looks to work fine and allows the Find and Replace functions to work in Opera, so using just the new dialog should fix this bug.

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by martinkou

  • Owner set to martinkou
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by martinkou

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Fixed with [900] and [901].

Click here for more info about our SVN system.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2016 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy