Bundled plugins should not be included in the distribution
|Reported by:||alfonsoml||Owned by:||wwalc|
First of all #3855 must be fixed, then: why are the compressed plugins distributed?
If they are merged into ckeditor.js they are just a waste of space as they will never be loaded and being compressed makes them no interesting at all.
If any plugin that it's compressed it's deleted it will make the distribution a little smaller and people won't waste time trying to understand them instead of looking at _source.
If the reason is about people repackaging their build, it should work with _source because sometimes they might want to modify some little code in some of the plugins.
At the very least: as most of them aren't needed, people should be able to easily know what they can delete before deploying CKEditor to the production server.
Change History (10)
comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by alfonsoml
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by fredck
- Keywords Discussion removed
- Milestone set to CKEditor 3.1
- Owner set to wwalc
- Status changed from reopened to new
comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by fredck
- Summary changed from compressed plugins folder, why? to Bundled plugins should not be included in the distribution