Ticket #8364 (closed Bug: invalid)

Opened 3 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

Error when opening Link-dialog in IE 9

Reported by: Helmø Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: UI : Dialogs Version: 3.6.1
Keywords: Cc:

Description

I am currently using version CKEditor 3.6.1 and have found a bug in the plugin.js file of the dialog folder.

I have modified the link dialog - (code added at the end). The dialog displays without problems in both FF and Chrome. In IE 9.0.8112 an error is displayed:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'align': object is null or undefined plugin.js, line 2539 character 7

The problem is the following line:

if ( CKEDITOR.env.ie && CKEDITOR.env.quirks && children[ i ].align )

in the plugin.js in the dialog folder. The children[ i ] is null or undefined. A quick solution is to add a check for children[ i ]:

if ( CKEDITOR.env.ie && CKEDITOR.env.quirks && children[ i ] && children[ i ].align )

My code:
As it is inside a vbox the bug occurs (I believe it is when the radio buttons are defined) I have copied the part of my code where i define the UI of the dialog (and tried to remove unrelevant things - but let me know if you need more code...):

var infoTab = dialogDefinition.getContents( 'info' );
infoTab.add( {
  type : 'hbox',
  padding : 1,
  widths : ['100px', '100%'],
  id: 'outer',
  align: 'center',
  children : [
    // Insert Link to:
    {
       type : 'vbox',
       padding : 1,
       width : '100px',
       id: 'LinkType',
       align: 'left',
       children : [
         {
           type : 'radio',
           id : 'radioLink',
           label : 'Insert link to:',
           labelLayout: 'vertical',
           items : radioButtons,
           setup : function( data ) {
             debug("Setup...");
             //a lot of setup code removed... 
           },
           onChange : function( api ) {
              debug("onChange...");
              //code removed
           }
         }
       ]
     },
     {
       type : 'vbox',
       padding : 1,
       width : '100%',
       id: 'LinkCont',
       align: 'right',
       children : [
         {
           type : 'vbox',
           padding : '0px 0px 20px 0px',
           id: 'innerLinkList',
           align: 'right',
           children : [
             {
               type : 'select',
               id : 'link',
               items : [],
               size : 11,
               multiple : true
             }
           ]
         },
         {
           type : 'text',
           id : 'linkurl',
           label : 'Address (URL):',
           'default' : '',
           labelLayout : 'horizontal',
           validate : function(api) {
             //Code removed
           }
         },
         {
           type : 'text',
           id : 'linktext',
           label : 'Displayed Text:',
           'default' : '',
           labelLayout : 'horizontal',
           validate : function() {
             //Code removed
           }
         }
       ]
     }
  ]
});

// Remove the "Link Type" combo and the "Browser
// Server" button from the "info" tab.
infoTab.remove( 'linkType' );
infoTab.remove( 'browse' );
infoTab.remove( 'protocol' );
infoTab.remove( 'url' );

// Remove the "Target" tab from the "Link" dialog.
dialogDefinition.removeContents( 'target' );

//Remove the "Advanced" tab from the "Link" dialog
dialogDefinition.removeContents( 'advanced' );

Attachments

IE_problem.zip (1.2 MB) - added by Helmø2 3 years ago.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by Helmø

  • Summary changed from Error when opening Link-dialog to Error when opening Link-dialog in IE 9

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by j.swiderski

  • Status changed from new to pending

We surely do.

It would be nice if you could provide a sample reduced and working TC showing the problem so that we could get the whole picture.

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by j.swiderski

@Helmø any updates on this reduced TC?

Changed 3 years ago by Helmø2

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by Helmø2

Sorry for not getting back to you - but I have had big problems logging in to your site. The system would not resend a password to my old login (Helmø) - which i have forgotten :-( - so therefore I have created this new one...!
By the way - how do I get my old account back (Helmø) - I have been waiting for days for the email - but it doesn't come?!?

I have used a long time to make a reduced and working version - I don't want to use more time. I have found out that the problem I have reported is caused because I have made a change in the CKEditor (see case #5094). When using the vBox layout for the radio button - the error occurs. This should be taken into account when implementing #5094. The problem is only present in IE9 when CKEDITOR.env.quirks is set. (In the attachment above I have included a version of ckeditor where the vBox layout is possible - it is a copy of version 3.6.1 with only this modification, and some language files missing in order for the size to be below 1.5MB)

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by j.swiderski

  • Status changed from pending to closed
  • Resolution set to invalid

Ok I'm closing your issue as it concerns feature which was not implemented yet. User custom modification is not CKEditor bug.

Thank you for linking this ticket to #5904. Your note might be useful when this feature will be implemented.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2012 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy