Ticket #8978 (closed Bug: fixed)
IE: Editor selection is intermittently lost when an item is selected from a toolbar menu
|Reported by:||tmonahan||Owned by:||garry.yao|
|Component:||UI : Floating Panel||Version:||3.0|
|Keywords:||IE IBM||Cc:||damo, satya|
To reproduce, use the attached test case:
- unzip linkmenu_testcase.zip. Copy the linkmenu folder to the _source/plugins directory and the config.js file to the root ckeditor folder.
- Open any CKEditor sample in IE with debugging enabled as this sample logs content to the console.
- Enter some text into the editor and select some of the content.
- Open the toolbar menu item and click the 'Edit Link' option. This will open the link dialog and should log the selected text to the console.
Problem: The selected text is often an empty string even though there was text selected in the editor.
This occurs intermittently so it may take a few attempts. If you do not reproduce the issue at first, change the selection in the editor and try opening the link dialog from the toolbar menu again.
Note: If you use the link icon directly from the toolbar instead of the menu item, the selected text is always correct.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Keywords IE added
- Version changed from 3.6.4 (SVN - trunk) to 3.0
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Component changed from General to UI : Floating Panel
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Milestone set to CKEditor 3.6.4
- Owner set to garry.yao
- Status changed from reopened to review
comment:16 Changed 3 years ago by garry.yao
- Status changed from review_passed to closed
- Resolution set to fixed