Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#13227 closed Bug (invalid)

Extra characters in image caption

Reported by: jsesi Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: General Version: 4.4.5
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Hello,

When I use quotes, single or double, in the image caption, I get extra unwanted characters in the caption. Please see screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/R1t38scWZM

Even if I remove the characters and try it again, the issue still occurs.

Any ideas on a fix?

I'm using CKEditor 4.4.5 with Wordpress 4.2

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks again, Jim

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by Jakub Ś

Keywords: image caption quotes removed
Status: newpending

Issues concerning CKEditor for Word Press should be reported here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ckeditor-for-wordpress thus I will have to close it as invalid but before I do that i would like to ask few things.

I have tried reproducing this issue in standard editor (without any server-side code like in case of wordpress) and couldn't. Basically you should get this result when switching to source mode and back. The quotation marks should be encoded.

When exactly are you getting this issue? Are you saving your HTML and then load it again into editor? If that is the case then I guess these entities perhaps get encoded one time to many. This may be caused by custom plugin or perhaps a mixture of CKEditor entities configuration settings and some plugin/filter in worpress.

Could you check this and let me know?

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by jsesi

I created a short video for you to show you when the issue occurs. Here's a link to the video: http://www.screencast.com/t/tQVnWQVe

Let me know if this makes sense. Please note my mic isn't working so I couldn't add voice to my video. Thanks again. Please let me know if there is a resolution.

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by Jakub Ś

Resolution: invalid
Status: pendingclosed

It looks like you are doing extra conversion on server side thus you get such result (Update button sends data to server).

When you have sample text like "Apollo 11" and you send it to the server, it gets send as "Apollo 11". The problem IMO is that server-side doesn't even check if there are entities in received HTML.

As a last resort, you can try using entities : false, basicEntities : false in editor configuration (please see http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/api/CKEDITOR.config). I would strongly suggest however to review your server-side as it isn't recommended to disable basicEntities (   > < & ).

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2019 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy