Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

Last modified 12 years ago

#182 closed Bug (fixed)

Percent signs don't get escaped on URLs

Reported by: anonymous Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone: FCKeditor 2.4.3
Component: File Browser Version: FCKeditor 2.3.2
Keywords: SF Confirmed Cc:

Description

Filenames like 'some%20test.png' (where %20 is really a part of the filename, not a space) don't get escaped when linked to.

This results in links like '<a href="/some%20test.png">' instead of '<a href="/some%2520test.png">'.


Moved from SF:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1600426&group_id=75348&atid=543653

Attachments (1)

escape urls.patch (2.7 KB) - added by Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo 12 years ago.
work in progress

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by Frederico Caldeira Knabben

Reporter: changed from Frederico Caldeira Knabben to anonymous

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by Frederico Caldeira Knabben

Keywords: Confirmed added

Confirmed with both IE and FF.

The thing to note is that this is a File Browser strict thing. We don't have to encode URLs typed in the dialogs. The File Browser instead must send then correctly encoded when filling the dialog fields.

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by Frederico Caldeira Knabben

Milestone: FCKeditor 2.4.3

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo

I'm doing some test just using escape() before calling the setUrl and it seems to generate the correct output to fix this bug as well as #511 and #261 (targeted to 2.5 but I think that the three are in fact the same bug)

But the reality is that escaping that way the urls only works to fix the space problem of #261, I'm not able to find out how to generate a url for a special sign that works with this IIS.

I'm attaching the patch (it does include other cleanup that I did for #454) so it can be tested, maybe this is only a problem in this server and it does fix the problem for other servers.

Changed 12 years ago by Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo

Attachment: escape urls.patch added

work in progress

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by Frederico Caldeira Knabben

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

encodeURI() did the trick.

Fixed with [342].

Click here for more info about our SVN system.

comment:6 Changed 12 years ago by Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo

I've found out why my tests wasn't successful:

I was using the PHP connector to upload the images and browse the server, but with the default configuration, so it was using a physical path different than the one mapped to /userfiles/ in the server and so any new files (the ones that I uploaded with special characters) can't be reached with the server.

And anyway, the PHP connector does have a bug because it did uploaded the files to a whole new directory: /FCKDe/userfiles eating the last "d" in FCKdev (it would still be a non public directory, but at least it should be using some real directory to create the /userfiles/. I'll file a ticket if I'm able to reproduce the bug and make sure that it isn't my fault.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2019 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy