Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#5548 closed Bug (invalid)

Error: l.lang.contextmenu is undefined

Reported by: Christian Stone Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: General Version: 3.2.1
Keywords: Pending Cc: lamnt.8x@…

Description

I keep getting the following error when upgrading to 3.2.1 from 3.2 of ckeditor.

From Firebug [Break on this error] a.dialog.add('colordialog',this.path+'...unction(l){this._.listeners.push(l);

Console Error Error: l.lang.contextmenu is undefined Source File: http://localhost:8080/ckeditor/ckeditor.js Line: 44

The following behavior occurs. when loaded as a local file, the examples work. when deployed on a webserver (cache is cleared), the examples fail. (Examples are the sample editors you provide, ie: (FAILS) http://localhost:8080/ckeditor/_samples/fullpage.html (WORKS) file:///source/websites/coreJava/trunk/web/ckeditor/_samples/fullpage.html

Again, I cleared the cache, and am serving things up normally...

Change History (12)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by Christian Stone

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

For whatever reason, it seems to be working now. I don't understand it all, since I confirmed that the browser cache was cleared... however, relaunching the server and Firefox seems to do the trick.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by Andrew

Resolution: invalid
Status: closedreopened

I can verify that this happens whenever we try the 3.2.1 compressed js code . In version 3.2 using the compressed js it works fine without any issues. And this works also on the 3.2.1 uncompressed JS code. We have tested in IE,FF,Safari, Opera and this error is universal across all the browsers.

We have even tested it on different servers with the same error reproduced each time on the 3.2.1 compressed JS code.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo

Keywords: Pending added
Priority: HighNormal

Can you provide a URL to test it?

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by Christian Stone

I did if fact switch to the uncompressed version with hopes of debugging it, and rebooted the servers. Sweet, I wasn't insane :)

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by Andrew

The sites we testing are using the Joomla CMS. We are more or less using the CKeditor out of the box.

I am happy to allow you to view what is happening on one of our test servers. I will need to create an account for you to log in. Can you provide me with an email to forward the revelant details to you.

Looking out other tickets I thought it might be something to do with the en.js compressed langauge file. But I have tested it with other languages all with the same result. Each time the language file is being loaded but I get the same error

Any Ideas?

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by Andrew

Update:

Okay we have looked futher into this and found that the reason why the compressed language files were causing us an issue was due to the fact that they were not updated with the 3.2.1 version. After we did this everything is now working except for the major change in how the styles combo box works in this minor bug fix release!

Anyway thanks a lot guys for the hard work!

So anyone else getting this issue means that either your langauge file is not being loaded or that the you are not using the 3.2.1 version of the language file in which the label below was added:

contextmenu :

{

options : 'Context Menu Options'

}

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo

So you did update part of the scripts but not the translations?

Be sure to always update all the files because they can generate all kind of errors otherwise.

If stonescape confirms that this is the case also for him the bug will be closed as Invalid. If not, we still need a url to test and you can send the info to a.martinez at cksource dot com if you don't want to post a sample here.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by Andrew

we missed the lang folder in our update so that was the casue of our problems.

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by Christian Stone

I can no longer reproduce this issue. I presumed it was some weird server caching issue, or that there was a proxy issue at the client site. Regardless, I feel that you can close this issue.

-- Christian

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo

Resolution: invalid
Status: reopenedclosed

comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by Lam Nguyen

Cc: lamnt.8x@… added
Component: GeneralServer : Java
Version: 3.2.13.3.2

I have same the error on version 3.3.2. I have just test again on my local the case stonescape test above : The first time i see the error on console : Console Error:

l.lang.contextmenu is undefined
[Break on this error] i.colorButton_foreStyle=element:'span...ement(),u=s.$.clientX,v=s.$.clientY;
ckeditor.js (line 45)		

And then, when i clear cache browser, after that refresh browser, this error still getting on browser.

The result is i don't create any instance of CKEDITOR.

I will show you the url to test asap.

comment:12 Changed 9 years ago by Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo

Component: Server : JavaGeneral
Version: 3.3.23.2.1
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2019 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy