Ticket #6216 (closed Bug: fixed)

Opened 4 years ago

Last modified 23 months ago

Arabic font problem in Chrome Browser

Reported by: sageman70 Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: Server : PHP Version: 3.4
Keywords: Chrome Cc:

Description

Hi,

I have found a bug in the CKEditor 3. When you apply the italic or bold button on arabic text or even when you press a new line (when a paragraph is generated) or enclose the text between a <p></p>, CKEDITOR will transform the whole text into cryptic square symbols. I have used your multi-language interface demo on your website in the Google Chrome browser.

Change History

comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 3 Changed 4 years ago by krst

  • Keywords Chrome added
  • Status changed from new to pending

I could not confirm. Could You provide us more information about environment, where the described bug occured?

  • borwser version and operating system used,
  • international settings in operating system
  • codepage set in browser

comment:2 follow-up: ↓ 4 Changed 4 years ago by tony

I don't think that this a ckeditor bug. You should send a header in your php script like this :

header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');

Add a content-type meta tag to your document's head like this :

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />

and load include javascripts declaring the character set too like this :

<script type="text/javascript" src="ckeditor/ckeditor.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UTF-8 is the most widely supported and common charset but for Arabic, you likely want to use a different charset instead.

comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 4 years ago by sageman70

The bug appears in the Google Chrome browser under any operating system (e.g. Linux). Try it out on your multi-language interface demo which is on your website. Select a text that is typed in arabic and then italicize it, and you will see that it will get transformed into white rectangles. this behaviour is not occurring in Firefox.

Replying to krst:

I could not confirm. Could You provide us more information about environment, where the described bug occured?

  • borwser version and operating system used,
  • international settings in operating system
  • codepage set in browser

comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 2 Changed 4 years ago by sageman70

I tried all your suggestions and unfortunately it looks like a bug rather than something else. The proof is that if I try the same exercise out in Firefox, it will italicise the arabic fonts and a paragraph will not cause any problems either. The problem only appears in Google Chrome (I have not tested it in IE though). I also tried a different ISO charset for arabic and the problem was still present in Google Chrome.

Replying to tony:

I don't think that this a ckeditor bug. You should send a header in your php script like this :

header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');

Add a content-type meta tag to your document's head like this :

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />

and load include javascripts declaring the character set too like this :

<script type="text/javascript" src="ckeditor/ckeditor.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UTF-8 is the most widely supported and common charset but for Arabic, you likely want to use a different charset instead.

comment:5 Changed 23 months ago by j.swiderski

  • Status changed from pending to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

I have tried TC presented in a ticket but no problem occurred. It seems that there was no issue or it has expired.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2012 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy