Opened 16 years ago

Closed 16 years ago

#942 closed Bug (fixed)

spellerpages / coldfusion integration broken for non en_US languages

Reported by: tomalak Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone: FCKeditor 2.5 Beta
Component: Server : ColdFusion Version: FCKeditor 2.4.3
Keywords: Cc:


spellerpages / coldfusion integration broken for non en_US languages

Server based spell checking with aspell fails at extended characters (German umlauts, for example). As a result, HTML source code and words get mixed up in the spellerpages dialog box because <cfexecute> seems to have a hard time with UTF-8 encoded characters on std_out.

There is a lack of consistency in treating all the data as UTF-8 during it's way on the server. I modified the source of spellchecker.cfm to make it work (see attachment).

These are the major changes I did to the page logic:

  • changed from hard-coded temp directory to GetTempDirectory()
  • aspell output is piped into a file rather than read by <cfexecute>
  • output file is read with <cffile charset="utf-8">
  • content-type of page changed from "text/html" to "text/html; charset=utf-8"

I did some general code clean-up as I went, all those changes are equivalent to the original meaning. The <cfloop list="#food#"...> part is rewritten to be easier to read and to fix a "index out of range" bug in the <cfset wrdList = mid(list,(LastIndexOf(...> part.

Attachments (1)

spellchecker.cfm (5.3 KB) - added by tomalak 16 years ago.
modified spellchecker.cfm

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (3)

Changed 16 years ago by tomalak

Attachment: spellchecker.cfm added

modified spellchecker.cfm

comment:1 Changed 16 years ago by Frederico Caldeira Knabben

Keywords: coldfusion spellerpages removed

comment:2 Changed 16 years ago by Wiktor Walc

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Fixed with [662]

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2022, CKSource sp. z o.o. sp.k. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy