Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#9755 closed Bug (duplicate)

french accents display wrong characters with charset=ISO-8859-1 document encoding

Reported by: pk_fr Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: General Version: 4.0
Keywords: Cc:

Description

toolbar tips and all other accent characters are not displayed in a page with charset="ISO-8859-1" document encoding ...

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

Even appending charset="UTF-8" to the script :

<script src="ckeditor/ckeditor.js" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>

that solved for me the isssue with jquery-ui 1.9, it does not help for ckeditor 4.0

That was ok without specifying anything with all previous version.

Attachments (1)

test.html (534 bytes) - added by Jakub Ś 7 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Jakub Ś

Component: UI : LanguageGeneral
Status: newpending

Even appending charset="UTF-8" to the script :

  1. Editor uses page encoding unless other is specified (Possible in full page mode)
  2. French accent characters are UTF-8 not ISO. Instead of specifying ISO in your page you should specify UTF-8 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"> .
  1. May I know why are you using incorrect encoding?
  2. If you are using ISO encoding for UTF-8 characters won't settings for entities help?

http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html#.basicEntities
http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html#.entities_latin
http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html#.entities_greek
http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html#.entities_additional
http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html#.entities_processNumerical

I'm waiting for your comments.

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by pk_fr

I am using : <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"> because of legacy data in my mysql database that are latin1 encoded, and are also used by legacy software that work in iso mode.

All is working fine, except for the new ckeditor 4.0 : tooltip and aboutbox content are displayed wrong.

I already use CKEDITOR.config.entities_latin = true and the content of the editing area is correct. I use php to convert back to iso when needed.

The problem affects only the user interface!

Best regards, Pascal

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by Jakub Ś

I have tried setting

<meta charset="ISO-8859-1">
<script src="../ckeditor.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

and language to French but didn't get any problems.

  1. Could you provide reduced and reproducible sample showing the problem?
  2. Have you perhaps tried this on other computers?

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by pk_fr

Thanks for being involved in my problem.

I tried your example without success..

I have a small sample showing the problem :

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<script src="../ckeditor.js" type="text/javascript"  charset="UTF-8"></script>
</head>
<body>
<textarea id="yak_ckeditor_1" style="width: 575px; height: 175px;" name="news_header[french]"></textarea>
<script type="text/javascript">
CKEDITOR.replace( 'yak_ckeditor_1', { scayt_sLang : 'fr_FR', language : 'fr', contentsLanguage : 'fr', width : 575, height : 175, autoGrow_minHeight : 175 } );
</script>
</body>
</html>

you can test it online at the address : http://tst.yakpro.com/3rdparty/ckeditor/ckeditor/test/test.htm

Best Regards

Pascal

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by pk_fr

in scriptloader.js changing

// Create the <script> element.
			var script = new CKEDITOR.dom.element( 'script' );
			script.setAttributes({
				type: 'text/javascript',
				src: url } );

to

// Create the <script> element.
			var script = new CKEDITOR.dom.element( 'script' );
			script.setAttributes({
				type: 'text/javascript',
				charset: 'utf-8',
				src: url } );

seems to solve the problem...

Changed 7 years ago by Jakub Ś

Attachment: test.html added

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by Jakub Ś

Status: pendingconfirmed

@pk_fr - thank you for the sample it helped me reproduce the problem.

Bug occurred first in CKEditor 4.0 (4 beta is free of this ).

comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by Jakub Ś

Resolution: duplicate
Status: confirmedclosed

It has turned out that this is a dup of #9732.

This issue is no longer reproducible in current master and current builder (http://ckeditor.com/builder).

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2019 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy