IE Fails to apply type="text" attribute to Text Fields
|Reported by:||jmweb||Owned by:||alfonsoml|
|Component:||UI : Context Menu||Version:||3.4.1|
Descriptive summary: When creating a Text Field element of type="text" Internet Explorer does not apply the 'type' attribute to the input tag. Because of this, the Context Menu for the same Text Field element will NOT display if accessed using FireFox.
This bug was realized since our application saves HTML into a database where users can modify the markup using CKEDITOR. Some of our users use Internet Explorer while others use FireFox.
Steps to reproduce: Using Internet Explorer:
- Create a sample Text Field element.
- Toggle 'Source' mode and copy the HTML which may look like this:
<p> <input maxlength="5" name="testName" size="5" value="testValue" /></p>
- Toggle 'Source' mode and paste the above HTML.
- Toggle off 'Source' mode back to Editor mode.
- Right click on the created Text Field and you will notice that the option "Text Field Properties" is not present.
Verified With: CKEDITOR 3.2.1 using IE7 & FF 3.5.9 CKEDITOR 3.2.2 SVN using IE7 & FF 3.5.9
Change History (11)
Changed 6 years ago by jmweb
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by jmweb
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version changed from 3.2.1 to 3.4.2
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by alfonsoml
- Keywords HasPatch added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version changed from 3.4.2 to 3.4.1
Changed 6 years ago by alfonsoml
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by alfonsoml
- Keywords HasPatch removed
- Owner set to alfonsoml
- Status changed from reopened to review