iframe body height causes problem with right click menu.
|Reported by:||fbingha||Owned by:|
- Disable the contextmenu plugin
- Open an empty editor.
- Create a line of text.
In (at least) IE and FF, right click on this text and observe the menu. You see the cut/copy/paste/undo options. Their state is unimportant.
Now go to the bottom area of the editor and right click on the blank space. Now you see a different menu, this one has the back/forward/print commands. The options vary between browsers but it is a different menu than the first.
This is confusing for users as they expect to see the text editing menu regardless of where they right click within the editor. I need not right click on an existing area of text to be able to paste within the editor.
This happens because the body element is as only high as the entered text. Clicking underneath the body element sends the click to the HTML document, not the body. This bug has been brought up before but in regards to left click not bringing focus to the editor.
Change History (11)
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by j.swiderski
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Version set to 3.0
comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by kimballrobinson
comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by kimballrobinson
- Component changed from General to UI : Context Menu
- Keywords mouse context-menu added
- Version changed from 3.0 to 4.4.2
comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by kimballrobinson
- Version changed from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 (GitHub - master)
comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by kimballrobinson
comment:9 Changed 2 years ago by j.swiderski
- Component changed from UI : Context Menu to General
- Keywords mouse context-menu removed
- Version changed from 4.4.4 (GitHub - master) to 3.0