Opened 11 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

Last modified 11 years ago

#1987 closed Bug (invalid)

FCKeditor is writing special characters as HTML 4 mnemonic not UTF-8.

Reported by: Alfredo C. Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: General Version: FCKeditor 2.4.3
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Hello,

I am using UTF-8. I checked the encoding for the database, the web pages, the server, and all of then are correct: UTF-8, But KCFeditor is writing the special characters as HTML 4 mnemonic not UTF-8.

I posted the issue in the forum with various images that shows the problem, but no body answered. I am wondering if this is a bug?. Please, can some developer see in to this problem. I you want to see what I am saying please see this forum post, the images are posted there.

http://www.fckeditor.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8871

I did a test with phpMyAdmin and is writing UTF-8 with no problem, but FCKeditor don't. Everything is documented in the images on that post.

I would very much appreciate if you can clarify is this is a bug or am I doing something wrong.

I am using FCKeditor 2.4.3 I am also attaching those images to this ticket.

Thank you very much, Best Regards Alfredo

Attachments (4)

Change History (8)

Changed 11 years ago by Alfredo C.

Changed 11 years ago by Alfredo C.

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by Alfredo C.

Sorry, I added this file twice by mistake, not familiar with the ticket system: FCKeditor UTF-8 Problem and database Encoding.2.jpg Regards Alfredo

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by Alfredo C.

Hello,

Thanks to a forum user that answered my private message I got the solution:

1.- in xhtml files: <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="application/xhtml+xml; charset=windows-1252" />

2.- in MySQL database: DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

3.- FCKeditor requires a change in the configuration file: fckconfig.js in line 65 true for false in the following instruction:

FCKConfig.IncludeLatinEntities = false ; /* This way worked fine for Spanish */

So it is not a Bug.

You can delete this ticket, I will post this solution in my forum topic.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you very much Best Regards Alfredo

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by Wojciech Olchawa

Keywords: UTF-8 encoding removed
Priority: HighNormal
Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by Wojciech Olchawa

Summary: KCFeditor is writing special characters as HTML 4 mnemonic not UTF-8.FCKeditor is writing special characters as HTML 4 mnemonic not UTF-8.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2019 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy