Ticket #5086 (closed Bug: duplicate)
Long HTML in source mode in IE8 scrolls up when editor loses focus
|Reported by:||kevinw||Owned by:|
|Component:||UI : Source View||Version:||SVN (CKEditor) - OLD|
Steps to reproduce:
- Use MSIE 8 as your browser; ensure compatibility mode is disabled
- Visit the latest nightly build (I used http://nightly.ckeditor.com/5000/_samples/replacebyclass.html)
- View the page source and copy the HTML to your clipboard (any medium-large HTML page will do) then close the source view
- Click the Source button in the editor instance
- Paste the contents of the clipboard buffer into the editor pane
- Scroll to the bottom of the editor. You will now see something similar to the attached file "scrollpos_orig.png"
- Now click the cursor somewhere outside the editor area, e.g. on the window body.
Editor scroll position does not change (screen appearance remains the same)
Editor scrolls upward an arbitrary amount toward the top of the source document. Repeatedly clicking inside/outside the editor pane scrolls further up the document in most cases. See attached screenshot, "scrollpos_moved.png".
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 (I am using release 8.0.6001.18702) on Windows XP SP2
This was previously reported by someone else in defect #4775 (and possibly others), which was marked as invalid. However, both that and this defect have the same root cause, which is a callback executed in the "source" textarea when the blur event is fired. The change that "fixed" #4775 appears to be the removal of manually firing onblur when onmouseout fired, but it did not resolve the core issue.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate