input with name="submit" and hefty css/js in IE7/8 causes editor to intermittently fail to load
|Reported by:||narchos||Owned by:||alfonsoml|
This is the same as Ticket #4726. I experienced exactly the same problem in IE7/8 with ckeditor 3.3.2. A page with 4 editors would intermittently load between 0 and 3 editors instead of four. Only error encountered was when using the IE8 debugger. It would complain exactly as in http://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/4726.
I was able to increase the success rate by:
- setting a timeout on the CKEDITOR.replace() call, the longer the timeout the better the success at loading editors
- removing large css and js links from the HTML.
I was able to get the editors to load 100% reliably once I changed an input with name="submit" to name="somethingelse". 100% no worries at all, worked everytime.
I am guessing that the reason you guys might have had trouble replicating this is due to the hefty css/js that was contributing to the problem. With a minimal test page you would not be able to get this behaviour to occur.
Hope this assists you in making this awesome editor even more awesome!
If you would like a better test case PM me and I'll send you something
Change History (16)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Saare
- Keywords ie7 ie8 failed to load name="submit" removed
- Status changed from new to pending
Changed 7 years ago by narchos
comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by tobiasz.cudnik
- Keywords IE added
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from pending to closed
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by fredck
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
Changed 6 years ago by alfonsoml
comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by alfonsoml
- Owner set to alfonsoml
- Status changed from reopened to review