Ticket #7705 (confirmed Bug)

Opened 3 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

IE7 Bug: 'lang.contextmenu' issues

Reported by: chimericdream Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: General Version: 3.5.3
Keywords: Cc:

Description

I have read through the half-dozen or so bugs on the tracker here and followed the instructions there. However, I am still having this bug. In IE7 (it works in Fx, Chrome, and IE8+) we are getting the commonly-reported 'lang.contextmenu.options is null or not an object' error. Here is what I have tried:

-Removing the language declaration from the compressed ckeditor.js file -Manually specifying (in both my jquery instantiation and the config.js file) the language as 'en' -Disabling the contextmenu plugin. -Disabling all CSS to verify that it was not an issue with 'table-layout:fixed'

All of these fail to correct the issue. What other options are there for fixing this? The editor works great in all browsers except IE7, which (sadly) is the primary browser used by my client... so it's kind of a deal-breaker.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

bosk-ckeditor-ie7.png (17.9 KB) - added by chimericdream 3 years ago.
Screenshot of IE7 js error

Change History

Changed 3 years ago by chimericdream

Screenshot of IE7 js error

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by alfonsoml

  • Status changed from new to pending

Instead of a screenshot, you should provide a url to test the problem; it's not possible to guess what might be wrong in your install just by looking at that picture.

If you can create a sample file that generates the problem with the default CKEditor install, that would be perfect.

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by chimericdream

Unfortunately the live version of the page is in the admin section of a site still under development. However, they gave me the approval to make a static copy to help debug the issue. I have commented out or removed almost all of the extra javascript code to pare it down to a minimum. The result is a page that still has the issue but not a lot of the additional code.

http://chimericdream.com/code/testckeditor.html

Hopefully that helps. I have tried everything I can think of, so please let me know what else you think I can/should try.

Thanks again.

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by alfonsoml

  • Status changed from pending to confirmed

Thanks, that test page shows what's the problem.

You are using scheme-less scripts (or however you want to name them):

    <script src="//domain.com/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/ckeditor.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

    <script src="//domain.com/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="//domain.com/switch/js/testscript.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

And it seems that CKEditor with IE7 doesn't understand that properly, so it tries to load these urls for the additional resources:

http://domain.com//domain.com/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/config.js?t=B37D54V (redirection)
http://domain.com/domain.com/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/config.js?t=B37D54V (not found)
http://domain.com//domain.com/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/skins/kama/editor.css?t=B37D54V  (redirection)
http://domain.com//domain.com/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/lang/en.js?t=B37D54V  (redirection)
http://domain.com/domain.com/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/skins/kama/editor.css?t=B37D54V (not found)
http://domain.com/domain.com/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/lang/en.js?t=B37D54V (not found)

If you just use a more normal url it will work correctly:

    <script src="/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/ckeditor.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/switch/js/libs/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/switch/js/testscript.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Although it would also be good if some workaround or at least a correct warning can be generated from CKEditor.

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by chimericdream

I can confirm that removing the schemeless URLs fixes the issue. However, considering the fact that schemeless URLs can be a good practice (especially when you use both http/https and have your scripts hosted on multiple domains/subdomains), it would be worth looking into. I don't know whether this is a limitation of CKEditor or (more likely, IMO) a bug in IE7's handling of URIs. In either case, I agree that a workaround or at least a fallback warning from CKEditor would be nice.

Thanks for the help.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2012 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy