Ticket #8246 (closed Bug: fixed)
Performance problems with nested documents
|Reported by:||damo||Owned by:||garry.yao|
This problem was raised by a customer using Outlook to copy and paste content into CKEditor.
When the content is pasted (or set using the source edit mode), in IE a "stack overflow" error will occur. In Firefox, this can manifest as an "unresponsive script" error.
It appears that the heavily nested nature of the document is what is causing the editor to hang or throw an error.
When the content is viewed on its own in a browser or copied and pasted on a vanilla contenteditable div, the above mentioned performance issues are not noticeable. This seems to suggest that the performance issues are a result of the editor's processing on the document rather than a browser issue only.
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Owner set to garry.yao
- Status changed from confirmed to review
- Component changed from General to Performance
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by fredck
- Status changed from review to review_passed
- Milestone set to CKEditor 3.6.2
comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by garry.yao
- Status changed from review_passed to closed
- Resolution set to fixed