Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

#10221 closed Bug (expired)

Setting <base> tag with target attribute breaks CKEditor in IE8

Reported by: Axel Nerlich Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: General Version: 4.0.1
Keywords: Cc:

Description

The editor does not open with Internet Explorer 8 (Standards Mode) with a <base> tag and a target attribute in the header section of the document that contains the editor instance. Javascript error in /ckeditor/core/dom/node.js (line 713) "The object doesn't support this property or method" for the CKEDITOR namespace.

In our case the target attribute points to the frame that contains the document with the editor instance by referring to its frame name (not "_self"). Temporary quickfix that did it for our purposes: Removal of the IE case for custom domains in /ckeditor/plugins/wysiwygarea/plugin.js (line 31). Also for IE we just set the src attribute of the iframe to an empyt string.

Attachments (1)

sample_10221.zip (873 bytes) - added by Axel Nerlich 6 years ago.
Sample html that reproduces error in IE8

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Jakub Ś

Status: newpending
  1. Could I ask you to provide reduced sample page showing this problem (something that can be put in e.g. samples folder, will work and show this problem)?
  2. Could this by nay chance be the same issue as this one #9137?

Changed 6 years ago by Axel Nerlich

Attachment: sample_10221.zip added

Sample html that reproduces error in IE8

comment:2 in reply to:  1 Changed 6 years ago by Axel Nerlich

Replying to j.swiderski:

  1. Could I ask you to provide reduced sample page showing this problem (something that can be put in e.g. samples folder, will work and show this problem)?

I just attached a frameset that reproduces the error in IE8 (Standards mode)

  1. Could this by nay chance be the same issue as this one #9137?

I don't think that the iframe is missing the base tag as seems to be the case as in #9137

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by Jakub Ś

  1. You couldn't run your files in standards mode as you had no doctype declaration. You should have something like <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd"> or declaration for framest and xhtml <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">. Setting mode in devtools is not the correct way of checking things.
  2. Frameset element is not supported in HTML5
  3. The error I have got was access denied (In IE7 and IE8). I believe that IE7-8 treats this as cross domain. I will need to make some research.

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by Jakub Ś

Resolution: expired
Status: pendingclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2019 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy