Ticket #8989 (confirmed Bug)
IE placeholder plugin - you can't insert one place holder after another
|Reported by:||j.swiderski||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by j.swiderski) (diff)
- Open placeholder sample and clear editor contents
- Insert placeholder
- Click behind it so that selection frame is lost.
- Note that elements path is still showing body p span which means you are still inside place holder (the only way to leave it is pressing space)
- Nevertheless try to insert new placeholder
Result: New placeholder replaces the old one.
This particular TC has been reproducible in IE6, IE7 and IE9 browsers from CKEditor 3.5.2 rev. 
Before revision  in IE6, IE7 and IE9 it was possible to insert two placeholders in a row only if you haven’t clicked inside editing area after inserting first placeholder (click toolbar button, insert placeholder, click toolbar button again and insert another placeholder). If you have clicked inside editing area after inserting the first placeholder, the second place holder was not inserted and it was destroying the first one (removing [). Ironically this TC has been reproducible in IE8 Quirks from CKE 3.5.3 rev.  and has been described in #9138
In IE8 next place holder is always inserted at the beginning. It is not possible to move cursor behind placeholder - #8990.
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Description modified (diff)