Opened 6 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#9715 closed Bug (fixed)

Resize window bug

Reported by: Davy Cardinaal Owned by:
Priority: Normal Milestone: CKEditor 4.5.2
Component: General Version: 3.6.3
Keywords: Webkit Cc:

Description

I found a problem by using 2 CKEditor instances in 1 page. After struggling for a while I found how to reproduce the bug. I tested it on the Demo page of CKEditor (http://ckeditor.com/demo) which made me clear it's not a bug caused by my own code.

As I said above I use 2 CKEditor instances. Both are in a hidden div (style="display:none;") and can be opened by clicking on a button. The bug I found was caused by resizing the browser window (which also occurs when you have 1 open tab and then open a second tab).

So we have a hidden div which contains a ckeditor. After resizing the browsers window we remove the display none so that the ckeditor is visible again. As you can see, the document isn't available now.

Reproduce steps on http://ckeditor.com/demo

  1. Find <div class="demoWrapper"> and give it the style 'display: none;'
  2. Resize your browser
  3. Remove the 'display: none;'

Attachments (1)

cke.htm (1.5 KB) - added by Jakub Ś 6 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Jakub Ś

Status: newpending

Could you please provide sample page showing this problem in code.

It is much more appropriate to work on same code that is causing problems for you then guessing "what author had in mind".

comment:2 in reply to:  1 Changed 6 years ago by Davy Cardinaal

Replying to j.swiderski:

Could you please provide sample page showing this problem in code.

It is much more appropriate to work on same code that is causing problems for you then guessing "what author had in mind".

I suggest to use the demo page http://ckeditor.com/demo and perform the steps as I described in the original post. This will show you the problem.

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by Jakub Ś

Why do you think I have asked you for sample page? Because I have tried your steps and they worked for me under FF17, Win7 and CKE 3.6.5.

I was not able to reproduce this problem. I was able to type, switch to source, paste etc. In short document was available.

Again - instead of me guessing, could you please provide reduced and working sample page showing the problem in code?

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by Davy Cardinaal

Here's an example:

http://darts-manager.nl/ckeditor_9715/index.html

As you noticed; Seems to work on FireFox and InternetExplorer. Bug in Safari and Chrome.

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by Jakub Ś

Keywords: Webkit added
Status: pendingconfirmed
Version: 3.6.3

Problem can be reproduced from CKEditor 3.6.3 rev. [7387] in Webkit browsers.

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by Jakub Ś

Another issue caused by this revision is #9160.

Changed 6 years ago by Jakub Ś

Attachment: cke.htm added

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by Piotrek Koszuliński

Milestone: CKEditor 4.5.2
Resolution: fixed
Status: confirmedclosed

Fixed by #11616.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
© 2003 – 2017 CKSource – Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy policy